Berea-Midpark Athletics Administration
165 E Bagley Road
Berea, OH 44017
(216) 898-8900 x5609
Assistant Athletic Director
(216) 898-8900 x5513
Athletics Administrative Assistant
(216) 898-8900 x5503
We believe that a comprehensive program of student activities is vital to the educational development of our students. Within this context, it is the purpose of the school’s athletic program to foster and promote:
- Age-appropriate physical, social, and psychological development.
- The idea of competition, teamwork, and sportsmanship while achieving the goals of success and participation.
- The development of self-confidence, self-discipline, organization, decision-making skills, and goal orientation.
- The concept of an integral relationship between a sound mind and a sound body leading to a lifetime appreciation of physical fitness and good health habits.
- A positive feeling of school loyalty and pride which can be shared by all participants, other students, parents, coaches and the community as a whole.
- The development of self-esteem and self-concept. Regardless of the role students’ play on a team, they should complete their experience in athletics feeling good about themselves.
- Access and availability to all students regardless of their race, religion, sex, status or national origin.
Finally, the interscholastic athletic program shall be conducted in accordance with existing Board of Education policies, rules, and regulations. While the Board of education takes great pride in winning, it does not condone “winning at all costs” and discourages any and all pressures which might tend to neglect good sportsmanship. At all times, the athletic program must be conducted in such a way as to justify it as an educational activity.