The Berea-Midpark boys and girls track and field teams competed outdoors for the first time in two years this weekend at the Strongsville Elite Meet. Competing against the host Mustangs as well as seven other schools, the Titans had a fine opening meet with four total victories and 16 top three finishes. The girls finished third overall with a team score of 106, while the boys finished fourth overall, scoring 92.5.
Faith Kingsley returned to the field this weekend for her second outdoor season and impressed the competition in the long jump with a leap of 17-01.00 to take first. The Titan junior is a two-time SWC champion in the long jump and 100m hurdles and an All-Ohioan in the long jump with her fifth place finish at the OHSAA State Meet her freshman year. Kingsley edged out Brunswick senior Jordyn Wickes Saturday to win the 100 meter hurdles (16.13). She would finish behind Wickes in the 300 meter hurdles, with a time of 50.11.
Freshman Finley Devins led a 1-2-4 Berea-Midpark finish in the Pole Vault, winning with a vault of 10-00.00 with Leah Miclau (9-06.00) and Christina Matese (8-06.00) second and fourth, respectively. Evan Alten took first in the 800 meter run in 2:00.63.
Other Notable Performances:
- DeAngelo Borders was second in the 100 with a time of 11.56 and also finished second in the 200 in 23.30.
- Hallie Krzys finished second in the 200-meter dash in a time of 26.99.
- Eli Ameshie posted an 53.68 in the 400 to finish third.
- Jillian McArdle was second in the girls long jump, leaping 16-03.00.
- Dimitry Ermakov finished third in the discus with a throw of 133-03.
- The girls 4×100 team (Krzys, Kingsley, Makayla Kingsley, McArdle) finished in second with their time of 51.74.
- The team of Jeremy Easley, Jack Arnold, Dominic Zarzycki-Hall and Borders finished second in the 4×100 relay in 44.09.
- The boys 4×200 team (Ameshie, Devin Taylor, Austin Clay, Hudson Devins) finished third with a time of 1:35.86
- Ameshie, Taylor, Arnold and Alten gave the Titans a second place finish in the 4×400 relay after finishing in 3:30.68
The outdoor season continues Tuesday when the teams travel back to Strongsville for a dual meet with the Mustangs.