Welcome to day four of the 2019 Titans ESPYS voting. As the week progresses, more categories will become available for fans to vote on, culminating with the male and female Titans MVP voting on Friday May 10th. We look forward to everyone’s participation and can’t wait to see everyone on Wednesday May 22nd for our fourth annual Titans ESPYS!
Today’s awards for fans to vote on are the Titans Breakthrough Athlete Awards, Titans Comeback Athlete Awards and the Titans Record Breaking Performance Awards. Best of luck to all of the nominees!
Titans Breakthrough Athlete Award – Awarded to an athlete who in a given year improves his or her performance dramatically or otherwise becomes well recognized.
Titans Comeback Athlete Award – Awarded to an athlete who has displayed a significant, profound, or impressive comeback from illness, injury or personal hardship.
Titans Record Breaking Performance Award – Awarded to an athlete that has set a new BMHS athletic record this year.
1. Pino Dipierro (Wrestling) – Most career wins (128); Most career pins (69); Most career team points (565.5)
2. J.T. Jackson (Bowling) – Season bowling average (229) Highest in North Shore Conference
3. Kade Swisher (Baseball) – Threw first no-hitter in Berea-Midpark history
4. Garrett Waite (Football) – Most receiving yards in a season (1,323 yards)
1. Distance Medley Relay Team (Megan Thai, Shura Ermakov, Brooke Kosakowski, Morgan Jankowski – Track & Field) – Broke the school record for Distance Medley Relay twice; current record (12:29.05)
2. Kayla Gudel (Basketball) – Most career rebounds (613)
3. Nicole Peterson (Volleyball) – Most career digs (571)
4. Lexi Schuller (Swimming) – 200 Individual Medley (2:16.94); 500 Freestyle (5:19.22); 50 Freestyle (25.8)
Thank you for voting! Tomorrow’s awards open for voting will be the Titans Best Moment Award, Titans Spirit Awards and the Titans Most Valuable Player Awards. We look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday May 22nd for our fourth annual Titans ESPYS!